Jan 16, 2008

DIY CO2 diffuser

My current tank is heavily planted. So much so that I am beginning to ponder if I should invest in a CO2 injection system. Bascially my plants provides oxygen for my fishies, however I only have a small handful of them as compare to the numerous plants. It makes me wonder if there is enough CO2 (carbon dioxide) in the water to provide for their growth.


As such, I could invest in a proper pump set up that injects air (air has enough CO2 by itself) into the water to assist their growth. Or I could build one by myself. After all I love to DIY.

This is the set up I am currently looking at and would probably think about it over the weekend.


On top of this, I found this attractive diffuser which I am tempted to purchase. It cost quite cheap but the shipment would come up to 6 times its cost.... I hope to find it in some fish shop now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails