Dec 16, 2008

Boycott Cab


Its the start of the recession period. Cabby are probably the most affected by this. After all they are sorta a luxury comfort instead of the bus or train. And no doubt they are plentiful in numbers.

There was a time I was absolutely pissed off by them. Its edging towards the midnight where the charges would increase by 50%. And no matter where you are, there is not one of this blue creatures in sight. Yet at the stroke of midnight, like the full moon brings about the werewolves, these bloodsuckers are everywhere.

Anyway, I have decided to boycott them after nearly getting run down by one of them.

I wasnt feeling too well today and opt to go back home early. As I alighted the bus, I went on to cross the road to my place. The green man sign was on, however as no one was there except me on the other end, a bus proceed to slowly squeeze his way pass. This was fine since I havent gotten to the middle of the road yet.

I waited for the bus to clear and just as I was about to cross the remaining section, a BLUE comfort Hyundai Sonata cab, race across the adjacent road and nearly ran me down. He was obviously not looking for I am not like the skinniest person around. Nor do I wear the no.4 and blend in with the trees.

He was just anxious to cross the lights before it goes red once more and possibly miss out on some potential customers. I took 2 steps back when he threaten to run me down. It was just enough distance for him to stop. I stared into the windscreen and he nonchalantly pretend to look elsewhere. I wanted to slam my hands on his front but decided its not worth that effort.

I should have gotten his license plate but he is fleeing fast after this. He was lucky this time round and I wont be so kind to the next.

So for now, I wont attempt to take any more cabs. They wont earn a cent from me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails