Jul 3, 2005

i ran

yes after much much much procrastination i finally went for a jog. I picked to do so early today while my boys are busy doing footdrill. i never like footdrill in the first place, always seem like a waste of time to get it right. anyway, i choose to run a short 2-3km around the neighbourhood.

as i prepare for my run, i did the laziest stretching exercise ever. i lean forward and back and stop there. cant quite bother much. then i began my trip abruptly. my old bones were squeaking the entire trip. the first 1 km or so, i managed to breathe properly. after that i was struggling to keep in line without drifting too much. apparently, my shortness of breadth makes the remaining journey a pain to continue. but i wont say die yet.

its probably at that instance, i remember the many news articles of fit NS regulars who die from running this past few weeks. it aint good to think of such stuffs then. i also recall the nurse at the blood center reminding me not to do anything tiring this week. all a sudden all those advises ppl gave makes me shiver in cold sweat. however my stubborn nature refuses to give in. I was never fond of rules anyway.

I reach the end of the round with my chest in pain, my legs muscles screaming and my bright red face. could barely talk much. i am so out of shape that i know i must set this to be a weekly affair no less. sighs, no more supper for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails