Jun 25, 2008

my heart crash


I think we all been thru this before. I been re-editing a document for the past few days. Everyday I would save it but leave the Word application open so that I can continue the moment I reach office. Oh yes, I not too ecological friendly as I refused to shut down my bloodly laptop that takes 20 mins to start.

Being an old lappie is one thing, the sys administrator and security ppl just love to add more features to it. I am surprise I could boot up with 1Gb of ram. I wonder how did my colleagues on 512 MB are handling it.

Anyhow, my morning effort has been destroyed. Word prompted that they cant do autosave as the memory is low. I tried desperately to save this into a thumb drive and that cause Windoze to swap files endlessly. Despair I hold onto the power switch and kiss my effort goodbye.

You would have thought autosave should be able to recover sufficiently. Sadly, it doesnt seem to have shown what I did and added more rubbish into the format. Makes you wonder why M$ inbuilt this feature. Perhaps becos they themselves could not trust their products.

Now at my lowest point, I have to look through the crap that I been dumped with and input the shit once more. It would have been easier if I had written a certain paragraph or so. But noooo.... this have to happen when I edit the whole 5 pages worth. Screw M$. Give me leopard on this HP machine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails