Jun 18, 2008

The Scam



I had an interesting lunch with my fellow colleague. For those whom know them, they are James, LP, TH and XP. We were in the topic of discussing our July bonus, where LP claimed that she doesnt know what to do with it. We all suggest something for her and mine was that she treat us to Morton's (a)

Just then a lady with a dark skin tone kneel down and grab XP's arm. she plead that her husband is sick and her 2 kids are starving. XP received a shock and after some more pleading was about to open her wallet to appraise her. I turned to XP and asked if she is serious about giving.

Then turning to the lady I asked her to leave.

She plead more before the rest of us ignore her and she left soon after. (and onto her next victim, not too far down)

They were asking me why I shoo her off. I told them, that she is obviously a scammer. She looked no more than 21, I doubt she has 2 kids. She also carried a earpiece connected to a mobile in her pocket. I quite sure someone is her lookout to warn her against Police.

True enough after we left, we spotted her having some drinks with a male stranger whom have been sitting there all along. she appeared nonchalant and it was quite obvious to me thats her accomplice.

Lucky for her, she din bother us more than necessary. I would have turned to her and plead that I was poor and din strike 4D for a long time :P

Anyhow, we were wondering why she picked XP. Perhaps she looks the easiest to bluff among us. Lucky she was sitting next to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails