Jun 9, 2008

My Swatch

I had my Swatch for a really long time. I vaguely recalled that when I bought it dzus and zeri were there with me (along with a few others)

The funny thing was that I had thought that I had own this Swatch for 5-6 years. That is until, I decided to write this post and took a closer look at it. Can you believe, its in fact 10 years old today (got it in 1998).

And guess what, its still running. Apparently, it one of the first generation of Swatch Autoquartz that started in 1997. The rotor which charges the Swatch, still work fine. Although I could feel that the motion is no longer as smooth as before.

Anyway the point of this post is that, this little Swatch of mine has been my favorite. Even though the long years had taken away alot of its shine and glory, it has remained a a personal treasure of mine. It slightly resemble this design on the right but has a unique face that would always confuse CB whenever he grabs my hand and tried to read the time.

To preserve my dear Swatch, I had gotten a new leather strap to closely resemble the hard orange leather it came with. On top of that, I gotten the friendly staff there to give it a good shine. And guess what, my 10 year old watch is new again.

Now all I need is one of those expensive winder to keep the Swatch running. Anyone wanna buy me a bday gift?

PS. I found a link to where you can try to find your old Swatch. Kinda need to share this with you guys

Related Posts with Thumbnails