Jun 23, 2008

route to starhub


I had an interesting adventure yesterday. thinking about it again makes me even more tired. yawn. (sip coffee)

I left my place at about 2pm. there is the starhub roadshow at various place and taka was the nearest to me. So I made my way down in a post lunch daze mode.

For info, I could get the corp plan for starhub for < $20 a month. Just $1 cheaper than Singtel. On top of which, there is free 24 mth caller id and free 6 mths subscription (and extra 100sms). So i tot why not. Not that I cant stand singtel no more, its just that after being a loyal customer for 10 years, i dun get as much perks as the new guy. So well, loyalty is no longer the deal. Much like work life, dun you think. When I exit from Orchard MRT, I realised I left my bloody staff card at home. Arghs. But decided to head to the roadshow to check the Q nevertheless. Hossan Leong was there singing his heart out. Kinda reminds me of this.

Anyhow, the darn roadshow at taka only sells the Samsung and not my lovable G900. Ah yes, i did mention i wanted the X1. But its coming out year end. Patience is not my virtue.

The part time guy behind the counter suggested I head to Suntec. They have the other phones there. So I went back to grab my staff pass and made my way down. When I arrived, the Q was scary. There are like over 200 ppl waiting in line and its not moving at all. I had though of giving this up.

Just then the nice SE promoter girl told me that my phone is not sold here. Whoo hoo. and suggest I head to a starhub shop to get it. The nearest being Marina Sq. So I head down to the small shop and found out that they are swapping flies. Virtually no one is there. Its likely that I would miss my free 6 mths if I sign up, but at least I get my phone.

Sadly, this is just an authorise dealer. I couldnt get my corp discount here. And he rudely told me to go down to Plaza Sing, if I wanted to wait some more. Its already way after 4pm then. Already 2 hrs is wasted. So well, if I dun get it, it would truly be a wasted trip. So I headed to PS to save my sunday afternoon.

I arrived and found a small Q with the counter jumping. I lined up and gotten 7294. and was told that the sms system would sms me when its 5 ppl to go. (it din happen) The nice staff told me I have to wait like 3 hrs. He was lying, its about 4 hrs. I was about 130 persons behind the current and decided to spend my time walking around.

After some mindless shopping, drinks and tea at Mos and PSPing ard, I settled down to watch a replay of Holland vs Russia. When my turn comes close to 8.30pm, i happily told the staff what I wanted. He kindly explained that G900 is out of stock and I would be put on the waiting list.

This I am cool with, until he said that I have to come back again to settle the payment and the registration. So I blunt out "you telling me that I waited for 3 hrs for nothing." I know its not his fault but my patience is at a all time low. Not to mention I was slightly hungry and some indian dude was elbowing me 3 times. (btw i shove him when I walked away)

He apologised once more and check with his Sup. Came back and told me that he would put me on the express Q when the phone arrives and also I get to keep the 6 mths promotion. That kind of settle me and I returned the apology.

Now all I have to do is wait for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails