Jan 31, 2010

are you insure?


I got a ring while at work. It's someone I am not expecting to hear from. He asked if we could meet up once more to sign off an agreement. I did not hesitated for a moment and agreed.

This person is the son of the driver whom had run me down last year. Their family was sorry about what had happen and had see that my medical bills are paid for. From that accident, I had been left with some scarring and the death of Aileen.

Anyway, he explained to me that his dad car insurance has sky rocketed. And is asking if he could get a written agreement from me to state that they had settle the matter with me privately and I would be releasing them of further liability. I am not sure how the insurance company works. Its likely that their fee would not be reduced. Nevertheless I had agreed to it.

Reflecting back, the good thing from that day is that I am able to walk about from it with just bad memories. Had I been abandon and hospitalise, it would be a hefty fee. I had made the mistake of terminating my hospital insurance coverage the year before. Of which , My agent, a close friend who pass away, had advised me against it.

After all, I am young and healthy. And paying 200 per year seemed to be a waste.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from the insurance coy. Had tot that they wanted to check on my financial health. Instead its merely another agent sent with the intention of getting me into a new policy. I was keen to restart the hospital coverage and she was not showing the necessary concern.

I din follow up from there.

Anyway, I would advise all my readers. Yes all 7 of you guys. To look into a minimum coverage. You never know when such things became... "If only I had...."

I would be meeting up with an old friend tomorrow. She is an agent and would be helping me with my coverage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails