Aug 6, 2005

The weird thingy on my left arm

Its been 5 days now. Strangely I cant quite recall how it happen, but it did.

I was working the night shift and took a little break after dinner. Sitting in the crew room, I stretched my arms to yawn out of boredom. Then I saw it. A tiny but noticable swell was there on my left arm.

Upon examination, I saw something dark sticking out of it. Something that look like a splinter. My fingers squeezed around the surrounding area hopping to burst it like a pimple. It din happen. Of course, I am slow to react to it. I kept squeezing, the strange thingy kept popping out and the pain was intense. Kept this process repeats 5- 6 more times before I stopped.

Then I went around asking if I know where I can get a tweezer or even a nail clipper. For the largest hangar I ever in, none of these were even available. sheesh.

So came a friend of mine who decided that I was squeezing wrongly and volunteer himself to help me with all this. He gave the longest squeeze ever, I thought my arms are going numbed but I guess I am sadist to pain.

Slowly it came out. Real slowly. Anyhow, I thought its over.
Only for the swell to grew much larger for the next few days.

Thinking back, it din felt like a splinter that was trapped in me.
Cos while I was holding it, it felt soft like an organic thingy.
I finally figure out that some bee or hornet or something pokey insects had stung me.
Which would be weird since, I should felt intense swelling and pain.

And all I got is a small swell. Thinking back, I probably have immunity from insects bites and stings. I can go to a outdoor camp without any protection and came back with only 2-3 mosquitoes bites. Whoo hoo, they probably think I am one of them.

Well anyway till this morning the swelling has not gone down. So I spent the time sqeezing it some more and found another thing sticking out. I went to my sis room to grab her tweezer. (I wonder what she used it for??) I got a firm grip of that stuff and slowly pulled it out.

I look at it. Its about 5mm long, whitish yellow. Soon after that the swell totally flattened. I am cured, I am cured.
All this came with training from pimple squeezing.
heh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails