May 26, 2005

Back for now

Goodbye australia. Its has been a great trip there. Besides the sight seeing, i treasure my chance to catch up with my old friends there and most of all spending valuable time with my dear of course.

I realised I spend the next 14 hrs travelling back to singapore. Wilson drove us to the airport for the same amount I would pay for the train and bus. I took virginblue back to sydney and hop onto a train (which cost $4) to the international airport a stop away. Had macs for lunch (I swear I wont step into fastfood for months now). And flew 7.5 hours back to singapore.

The flight back was rather interesting. As this flight is a stopover to Frankfurt, there were many German tourist on board too. When I arrived to find my seat, I found a lady already occupying it and decided to let her have it. The guy which sat on the aisle was a funny bald guy. SO i sat between them.

A short while later, a really old lady came whinning that we 3 have her seats. Her boarding pass was checked and found that she was to have sat elsewhere and demand that we gave it to her. Her son came along and was much nicer. He explained he needs to take care of her and both needs to sit near the aisle.

Sensing that the evil wicked old lady might end up near us, the funny bald guy willingly gave it up and found a much better seat elsewhere. Before he left, he tapped me and whispered "GOOD LUCK". (ok its not a whisper but rather loud). I was prepared to spend the next 7 hours in torture until the nice flight attendant (dun say air steward) came and gave 2 seats to the old lady, while her son sat next to me.
Phew!!!!

Anyhow, I spill orange juice onto myself and the nice lady who stole my seat. I swear its an accident. She came to realise an hour before touchdown that she was seated at the wrong seat number and suppose to be a whole row in front of me..... groan.

I came back rather stone but have to think how to sneak past custom without paying for duties. Its simpler than I could imagine... (I wont say how) My parents picked me up and my dad immediately insist we go for supper. When I heard that I knew I was home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails